Chief of Staff Leadership Retreat
Welcome to the Chief of Staff Leadership Retreat, an exclusive program held over two days designed to empower and equip current Chiefs of Staff with the necessary tools and insights to enhance their influence within their organizations. This retreat offers a unique opportunity for Chiefs of Staff to connect with peers, reflect on their experiences, and learn new frameworks and skills.
Learn more about what you'll get from this retreat:
When and where is this program?
- The Chief of Staff Leadership Retreat will begin with a Welcome Brunch at 11:00 am on Thursday, September 21st. The Retreat will close by 3:00 pm on Friday, September 22nd. The Retreat will take place at McChrystal Group Headquarters located at 333 N Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
What is included in the price for the Chief of Staff Leadership Retreat?
- The price for the Chief of Staff Leadership Retreat will include hotel accommodation at Hotel Indigo in Alexandria, VA, all meals during your stay, a Chief of Staff Leadership Workbook with take-home materials, and the 1.5-day offsite facilitated by experts in leadership, the Chief of Staff role, and team effectiveness.
- In addition to the in-person programming, all participants will be assigned to a small, peer-coaching group. This peer-coaching group will meet virtually for 2, 1-hour sessions following the retreat. A McChrystal Group Facilitator will facilitate these coaching meetings.
Who is the ideal candidate to participate in this program?
- If you’re a current Chief of Staff looking to increase your influence within your organization and develop as a leader, we’d love to host you at this session. This will allow current Chiefs of Staff to connect with others in the role, reflect on their experiences, and learn new tools and frameworks from McChrystal Group experts.
- We’ll be keeping this group intentionally small to focus on fostering deep connections.
What type of content will be covered in this retreat?
- The retreat will be heavily focused on behaviors and skills that Chiefs of Staff need to be successful in their role. We’ll base our content around our Chief of Staff Framework and share specific tools and models that Chiefs can leverage to communicate better, align, and make decisions with their principal and team.
Is it all the same material that was covered in the previous McChrystal Group Chief of Staff Executive Virtual Session?
- No. And unlike other Chief of Staff programs, we’ll put an emphasis on how Chiefs can develop as leaders in their own right, giving time and space for reflection, which we know is something that, as Chiefs of Staff, there is usually not a lot of time for. Finally, given that we are back in person, you’ll see that there will be a lot of time in small group discussions as we know the power of learning from each other.
How do I register and pay for this event?
- Please use the “Register Here” button on this page to begin the registration process. This will prompt you to create an account on our new Learning Management System. During the registration process, you will be able to pay for the program directly through this system. Once you have completed the payment, you will be added to the Chief of Staff Leadership Retreat Group.
- Once you are in the group, we ask you to fill out the short form with a few simple questions we would love to know before our time together.
- If you have any issues with the registration process, please contact Anna Roberts at email@example.com
If I can’t make it to this one in person, are you offering additional events?
- Yes! We’d love to host you in the future if these dates won’t work for you. If you’d like to be added to our communications list where we will announce future events, please click here.
Chris Fussell is the President of McChrystal Group. Chris has focused on bringing his Special Operations experience and expertise in cross-functional collaboration, knowledge sharing, and decision making with large corporations facing similar challenges. He joined McChrystal Group as a Partner in 2012.
Read Full Bio
Paul Mele served 30 years in the United States Army, retiring at the rank of Colonel after a career in both conventional and special operations units. A veteran of operations in Somalia, Haiti, Iraq, and Afghanistan, Paul led organizations with a passion for developing servant leaders and trust across stakeholders and teammates.
Read Full Bio
Cricket Oles is a Senior Principal at McChrystal Group where she serves as the Chief of Staff to the President. In this role, she supports key strategic initiatives, including the development of new client relationships and driving internal strategic priorities.
Read Full Bio
Chief Marketing Officer
Danielle Tenconi serves as the Chief Marketing Officer, leading the development, implementation, and execution of McChrystal Group's strategic marketing, communications materials, and campaigns.
Read Full Bio