Danny Kenny is a Learning Designer at McChrystal Academy, where he leverages the latest insights from organizational, social, and behavioral research to design, develop, and implement leadership solutions for our clients.
- B.A. Illinois Wesleyan University
- MEMD The Australian National University
- Ph.D. University of Technology Sydney
What did you do before joining McChrystal Group?
My Ph.D. is in Behavioral Science at the University of Technology Sydney, focusing on using the science of how people think, learn, and behave in collaborative workshops to promote transformative change in stakeholders. Prior to that, I worked as a research assistant for a NYT bestselling author, a project officer in Student Experience at the Australian National University, and a Dunn Fellow in Legislative Affairs for the State of Illinois.
Why did you join McChrystal Group?
McChrystal Group walks the talk on putting people at the center of leadership development and leadership transformations. McChrystal Group has built an incredible culture of driven, clever people working collaboratively to deliver the best for clients. That is incredibly rare and I am excited to continue to learn from such a remarkable team.
What sport or hobby do you have outside of work?
Getting beat up at Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and trying to stay afloat while swimming are both regular practices of humility. I grew up playing soccer and continue to kick a ball around on occasion.
What are your favorite books (besides Team of Teams!)?
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Leadership in Turbulent Times by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Four Thousand Weeks by Oliver Burkeman
- The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
- How to Take Smart Notes by Sonke Ahrens
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo
- Storyworthy by Matthew Dicks
- ...I like books.